Monday, May 11, 2009

Basic Muesli Slice


When I found this recipe in Mat Gebu's blog, I was quite surprised and happy that at last I get to have the 'muesli bar' recipe!!! I remembered last time we used to have this 'Uncle Toby's Muesli Bar' which I don't know whether its 'halal' or not ..that was sold in supermarket..which I don't think I can get to see it now?...(Or maybe the supermarket that I went was a 'chaokak' one? hehehe) Anyway, Mat's got the recipe from Miss lemongrass, who resides in Perth, Australia... Thank you both for having this recipe!

I've decided to make it and try..since all the ingredients are in 'stock'.. I have plenty of dried nuts and raisins and even rolled oats, which I bought, with no reasons!!!(Just buy and put aside... in case I might want to use it..well it came in handy for this recipe!!)

Actually I made this last week, as I didn't update my blog for the past few days..I am putting it now.I made this so much that I can afford to 'tapau' for Mr Hubby to bring to office for his guys to taste it...should I say 1 big Tupperware cause I doubled the recipe... the feedback was encouraging!!..Mr Hubby said he brought over and put at the conference room, as when he left, guys from another department who got nothing to do or no business in the conference room was seen 'lingering around'...basically rumours were ...that's food in there..hehehe..

Ingredients:-
2 cups rolled oats
2 cups cereal (can use honey cornflakes, rice bubbles, cocoa pops, bran flakes I used coco crunch)
60 g nuts, chopped up a bit (I used pecans, almonds ,pumpkin seeds and pistachios)
50g raisins
1/4 cups chocolate chips (optional)( I put 1/2 cup)
150g butter
1/2 cup honey
1 tbsp peanut butter

Method:-
-Preheat oven to 180C. Line a slice pan (10cm x 10 cm) with baking paper and make sure the baking paper overhang a bit .-In a pot, add butter and peanut butter cook at medium heat till butter melted and add in honey. Cook till bubbling and reduce heat, let it simmer till butter mixture thickens a bit. Set it aside to cool down slightly.-In a big bowl, add in rolled oats, cereals, dried fruit, chopped nuts and choc bits and stir to combine.
-Pour the butter mixture into the oat mixture and stir until all combined and coated with butter mixture.
-Spread the muesli into the slice pan press to make it firm and not crumbly. Bake for 30 minutes and then cool completely in the pan. Let it cool and put in fridge to make it more firm and easier to cut later.

Sources:From 'salam2benua' and 'tiffinbiru.bogspot'..thank you to Lemongrass and Mat Gebu

No comments: