Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Lemak Labu Berjintan


My vegetables dish for today...a bit from myr and a bit from Mat's recipe.. the part of adding long beans I followed him, but the rest was from myr...something different, as I used the 3 famous spices.. as for Mat's recipe was the original 'kampung' recipe...he used dried prawns...

Ingredients:-
1/2 medium size pumpkin cut into dice
6-7 long beans cut at 2 inches long each
1 cup thick coconut or 2 cups diluted coconut milk
*2 big onions-(I used minced onion abt 2-3 tbsp)
*2 cloves garlics-(I used minced garlic abt 1 tsp)
*3 dried chilli soaked-(I used minced chili abt 1 tbsp)
*10 anchovies big size-(I used ikan bilis cube)
a bit of shrimp paste(belacan)
*1 tbsp fennel(jinta manis)- I used powdered
*1 tsp cumin(jintan putih)-I used powdered
*1/2 tsp coriander(ketumbar)-I used powdered
2 cm fresh turmeric root(I used powdered abt 2 tsp)
1 lemongrass bruised
water to estimate
salt to taste
msg

Method:-
Clean and deskinned the pumpkin and put to boil for a while, not till too soft as this will make the pumpkin too soggy. Drained.
Blend the *ingredients and add to the pumpkin, lemongrass and coconut milk. Let it boil and add in long beans and salt to taste. For those who dont like the gravy to be too thick, add a bit more water. Let it simmer for a while and turn off heat. ReadY

Sources:- From Myresepi.com

No comments: