Friday, May 08, 2009

Nutella Bread



When I made this yesterday, for breakfast this morning... I thought its quite easy to make it.. I realised the skill needed to put in the nutella filling as the nutella seems to be quite tedious to be covered especially when the chocolate was a newly opened one.(very smooth like a melted butter).. my advice is use the nutella which has been opened or used for quite sometimes as the chocolate has been a bit thick like a paste or put in the fridge for a while so as its easier to roll in the filling ...that's why I couldn't get perfect 'fingers' for the bread..as the dough and the smooth nutella just cant 'cooperate' with me...

Today Iqram, asked me whether he can have $2.20 to bring to school... I said why you need to bring so much money?Isn't $1.20 enough for you?(which he brought to school everyday) I asked...He said I can't tell you.... I want to buy something to surprised you...ermmm I said, oh you want to buy something for me for Mother's Day this Sunday, you meant?...he just smiled...Then I said, OK you can have it...cause its for me!...(hehehe)

Hasif has been very quiet..don't know whether he got anything up his sleeves..ermm its not that I expecting anything from my kids...its just... fun to see them arranging something or getting something and then shocked you with a nice surprise... Sekali on the day itself...tak ada apa2...!!!! tercopong mulut sekejap...hehehe

Ingredients:-
(A)
285g Bread flour
42g sugar
1/2 tsp salt
6g instant yeast
(B)
30g whole egg
85ml warm milk
84g water roux starter (TangZhong 65C) (Pls refer to Chocolate Wassant 65C)
(C)
22g butter (I used shortening)
(D)
180g Nutella
Some almond slices

Method:-
1. Add dough ingredients (A) and (B) in a mixing bowl. Mix with dough hook at slow speed for 1 minute. Change to the medium speed, and continue to mix on slow speed for 3 minutes on medium speed until a dough is form. Add butter gradually and mix for approx. 5 minutes on medium speed until gluten is fully developed, i.e elastic, smooth, non sticky and leave from sides of mixing bowl.

2. Ferment the dough in a lightly greased plastic bag for 1 hour. Leave in a warm place in the fermenting process.(TILL THIS PART I JUST PUT EVERYTHING IN BREAD MACHINE except the nutella and almond slices...AND LET IT DO THE WORK...after that just take out from bread machine and do the next steps) Divide dough into 9 portions, each about 60g. Round and rest for about 10 minutes.

3. Press the small dough with sealing side down, to release the gas. Turn the sealing side up and place 20g of nutella(I used 1 tsp) in the middle of the dough. Seal the edges of the round to make a bun shape. Place the sealing side down and roll out each into an oval shape. Fold into half and slice the folding part 4x to obtain a hand pattern. Place them in a baking tray lined with baking paper. Turn each cutting edge over and let rise for about 60 minutes. Brush with egg wash(I used 1 egg and a bit of milk) and sprinkle with almond slices. Bake in a preheated 175C oven for about 15 minutes.

Sources:-From Angie's recipes

No comments: