Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Chocolate Sour Cream Cake

I bake this yesterday night..got the recipe from Jamie Malaysia, original recipe from Myresepi.com... I made 2 tray (double mixture) cause I wanted to used up the sour cream I bought together with the buttermilk the other day...The cake is very moist and not dry.. My parents liked it..my dad 'berulang2' (came back for more) for this..the sweetness and the chocolaty all just nice...should try I recommend this..

Ingredients:-(18cm tray)
1/2 cup butter(115g)
1/2 cup Castor sugar(Ayu used 60g)
1/4 cup brown sugar(Ayu used 20g)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
a pinch of salt
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla essence
80g chocolate chips
2 eggs
11/2 cups plain flour

Chocolate syrup:-
1/4 cup brown sugar (Ayu used 20g)
30g semi sweet baking chocolate
1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder(I didn't put this)
2 tbsp fresh milk

Method:-
Beat butter and sugar till creamy.Add eggs 1 by 1. Add bit by bit the flour which has been sifted together with baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Mix well. Add in the sour cream and vanilla essence. Add in chocolate chips and stir well.(This part I already lower the speed of the mixer). Double boiled the chocolate syrup ingredients.
Add 1/2 mixture into tray followed by 1/2 mixture of chocolate syrup. Repeat the process till finish and bake in a pre heat oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 55-60 minutes.
Sources:- syanina.blogspot.com -Jamie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, thank YOU for sharing this recipe. I made this today (my first cake) and I love it. My family does too.

Ayu said...

jules.hope - Hi there jules, glad you & family like the cake..Thank you for trying and hope to hear you more often..