It reminded me of 'Mad Jack' the restaurant which serve halal steak in Jalan Kayu.. they do served this chicken in basket too, so, I gave it a try and definitely it was worth trying...
Recipe from Judith, who is staying in Switzerland. Original recipe was in Bahasa Indonesia, I googled to translate and posted it here. My mistake was I didnt googled earlier cause I thought 'tepung terigu' was tepung ubi(tapioca flour), so I used that for my chicken..heheh.. that was why my chicken looked different ..luckily the taste was still ok..phew.. So Judith, saya minta izin posted kan recipe nya disini ya.. Thanks a million for sharing..
For my blogger friends, guest, visitors, where ever you are, I would like to wish Selamat Menyambut Maal Hijrah 1432...Semuga dengan kedatangan tahun baru ini...kita menjadi seorang insan yang tidak lupa diri dengan apa yang kita ada dan pertingkatkan lagi amalan kita..insyaallah..
Sorry at the moment ada sikit busy...Nanti I jalan2 kerumah teman2 ya...masak sedap2 tau..hehe
10 pieces of chicken thigh on the country below, can be cut apart-(Ayu used chicken drumlettes)
2 tablespoons cornstarch
200 gr flour, sifted
1 / 2 liters of cooking oil, can be added again
1 chicken egg
1 / 2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp fine salt
1 teaspoon instant chicken broth / Maggie
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1. Clean the chicken thighs and pat dry. Pour the pepper, salt and instant chicken broth mix until incorpoarted, add egg and 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Continue to mix until all ingredients well incoparated. Set aside until 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, mix the flour and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch. Use this flour mixture as dressing chicken before frying.
3. Heat the cooking oil, till hot, immediately reduce heat to medium. Take the chicken that has been mixed with spices, one by one roll over flour mixture. Then fried until golden and cooked. Remove and drain. Serve while hot.
- At the time of frying, the chicken should be completely submerged in hot oil. Turn chicken with a gradual manner so evenly browned.
- Mixture of wheat flour with the cornstarch does not need to be given more flavor, because the flavor that has permeated the chicken will soak itself also in the flour mixture when fried later.
- Use enough oil and heat over medium heat to fry, so it cooked to seep into the bones.
- Chicken balance can still be served, the next day by reheating -bake in the oven a few minutes.
- Cooking oil for a one-time use, it might seem a bit cloudy, do not be discarded. Can be filtered and stored.