Friday, December 10, 2010
Palm Sugar Huat Kueh
As usual, when comes for recipes that uses palm sugar I would like to go for it..when I saw this recipe in
QQ Red Apple. blog, I was tempted to give it a shot...I challenged myself if I could get the 'open mouth' huat kueh that would be something great...End up, very 'virgin' huat kueh..wakakaka
Anyhow the taste is acceptable to my family.. with the taste of palm sugar & coconut milk (lemak2 santan dengan gula melaka) gives this kueh a very filling to the tummy. Not sure if it was suppose to be eaten with grated coconut, but as we got the 'malay' taste in us, I just steamed some white grated coconut (adding some salt & pandan leaves) to go along with it...
Thank you QQ Red Apple for sharing this.. Your Huat Kueh sure made me envy you!!..
Source: Amy Beh, Jo's Deli and Bakery
2 large eggs
80g soft brown sugar
130g palm sugar
5 pandan leaves
130ml coconut cream-(Ayu used 150ml)
250g cake flour
1tbsp double action baking powder
1. Boil water and palm sugar and pandan leavestill dissolved, cool completely before add in coconut cream. Set aside.
2. Beat eggs and brown sugar till fluffly and lightly, fold in sifted flour and baking powder, then mix in coconut syrup to a smooth batter.
3. Pour into small moulds or pan, steam for 30 minutes over rapid boiling water.
1. It taste really nice with soft textures,moist and fragrant cake.
2. Store this cake in refrigrater during hot summer cause it contains coconut milk.
3. If you don't have mini cups, just steam it in a pan or even rice bowl.
4. Make sure the water is roaring bowl before you start to steam them or you will not get open mouth huat kueh.