Lama rasanya kita tak meroti..my family actually suka juga makan roti..tapi jenis yang sweet bun lah gitu...walaupun kat sini senang nak dapatkan roti manis yang halal..tapi kita rasa teruja nak buat sendiri..itu time mood adalah ..kalau mood tak ada jangan kata roti tengok tepung pun tak kuasa...hehe...
Walaupun roti kita ni taklah secantik roti2 teman2 blogger yang lain yang dah memang pro meroti..Kita tetap nak uploadkan keblog kita ni for future reference...Only to take note pada kita sendiri bila tabur gula kat atas layers of dough tu kena lebihkan sikit gulanya sebab baru manis rotinya..Gigih kita ambil gambar step by step tu untuk sendiri juga kot2 next time nak buat lagi dah tahu dah stepsnya dan tak payah terkial2 baca recipe berbalik2 just to make sure...heheheVanilla Sugar Sweet Buns
Sources:- Diana via tastebook.com
Tried & Tested:-
- 1 cup milk
- 1 vanilla bean or 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup (melted butter)
- 1/3 cup vanilla sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 - 4 cups all purpose flour -(Ayu used 2 cups high protein flour/bread flour & 2 cups plain flour)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup vanilla sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Prep all your ingredients a head of time this will help to make things move faster. Pour the milk into a saucepan.
If your using a
vanilla bean, slice down the center and using your knife scrap each side
of the sliced vanilla bean to remove the seeds.
Place the seeds
into the milk in the saucepan and the vanilla bean itself, slowly bring
the milk to a scald (Do not boil ). Remove vanilla bean stock.
Pour the scalding milk into a large bowl. Allow to cool to 105F - 110F then add the melted butter and vanilla sugar.
Add in about one
cup of flour and the beaten eggs and mix till smooth. Now, add in the
salt and instant yeast. Sprinkle about a half a cup of flour on a flat
surface. Pour out the sticky dough and add another half cup of flour on
Begin to knead in
the flour slowly, add a little at a time till you get a slightly sticky
dough but workable. Continue to knead for 8 - 10 minutes. The dough will
become smooth and elastic. Pour a little oil into a clean separate
- Place the dough into the bowl and flip over so all sides of the dough is lightly coated with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to set for about 1 hour or till double in bulk. After dough has risen, pour out onto a flat surface.
Cut dough in half,
place one piece back into the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Using
the piece of dough on the flat surface, cut into 8 equal pieces.
- If you want your buns to be all the same size you need to weigh each piece so, they are all equal in weight. This will give you the best look and results. Mine were about 2 1/4 ounces each. Roll out one piece of dough at a time to a 6 by 4 1/2 rectangle.
Brush the top with a little butter and add a little vanilla sugar (about 3/4 teaspoon of sugar)
- Do the same with the next piece of dough. Now place that piece on top of the other one, brush with butter again and add a little vanilla sugar. Do the same with the next two pieces of dough. After you should have 4 pieces of dough stacked on top of each other. Use your rolling pin and roll out the dough into a 6 by 4 1/2 inch rectangle again
Starting on the
longest end roll up the dough tightly. Pinch the ends and seam closed.
Place the dough seam side down and set aside. Continue to do the same
with the next 4 pieces of dough. You will have two rolled dough’s now.
Take out the other half of dough in the bowl and do the same with that
half. At the end you should have 4 rolled dough’s
- Cut each rolled dough into about 6 triangles. You will end up with 24 pieces of dough