Pertama kali ternampak gambar 'Pulut Nangka' di facebook ..kita terus google cari recipenya...Pertama kali buat & merasa..so sedappp..lagi2 kalau dapat nangka yang manis serta lembut..my mum & me berlumba2 mencapai nangka yang di isi dengan pulut ni..besides this kita pun ada buat Mango Sticky Rice atau pulut mangga..part pulutnya tu sama aje recipenya..this time round kita terajin pula buat fried mung beansnya..rendam semalaman..then buang kulit hijaunya toskan then goreng garing...garnishkan atas pulut tu..
Jackfruit Sticky Rice| Khao Niew Kanun
Makes 2-4 servings
- 1/2 cup uncooked Thai sticky rice (Ayu used 11/4 cup glutinuos rice)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (Ayu used 1 cup)
- 2 Tablespoons white sugar(Ayu used 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt(Ayu used 11/4 tsp)
- ~6-10 pods ripe jackfruit (Ayu used 15 pods)
- 1 tsp rice flour(Ayu added)
- Some pandan leaves(Ayu added)
- Soak the sticky rice in water overnight.
- When you're ready to assemble the dessert, steam the soaked sticky rice until the grains are soft and translucent (~40 minutes) in a Thai rice steamer.(Ayu steamed in stainless steel bowl in the normal steamer & add a few pandan leaves)
- While the rice is steaming, mix the coconut milk, salt, rice flour and sugar + (pandan leaves)over medium heat until the mixture is smooth. Reserve 2 Tablespoons of this sauce for later.(Ayu reserved about 1/4 cup)
- Once the rice is done, add it to the coconut milk sauce. The rice will soak up the sauce as it cools, so add it in small sections and wait for it to absorb the liquid before adding more. You may not need to use all of the rice to achieve the right texture.
To Make the Sticky Rice:
- Soak the mung beans in water overnight.
- Remove the green shell and separate the mung beans into their halves. Dry on a paper towel.
- Fry the shelled, dried mung beans in oil over medium heat. Remove as soon as they are golden brown, drain on a paper towel, and salt to taste.
To Make the Fried Mung Beans:
- Slice the fresh jackfruit pods in half lengthwise. Place a spoonful of the sticky rice inside.
- Drizzle some of the reserved coconut sauce on top and garnish with the fried mung beans. Enjoy!