Friday, September 24, 2010
Fly African Cake
I gunakan chopped almond, for each layer and sprinkle on top...this is one of the cakes yang kalau you tak tahu apa nak buat dengan your egg whites... I know there are a few recipes that yet to be explored, that uses alot of egg whites, meantime, I just posted this lah....
10 egg white (about 360 gm.) - cold
2 egg yolks
220 gm. castor sugar
250 gm. Hong Kong flour/Superfine Flour (Softasilk flour is the best for this cake)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 Tbsp. Ovalette (emulsifier)
1 Tbsp. Condense milk
7 ozs. melted butter (about 210 - 220 gm. melted butter)
1 tsp. Butter Oil-(Ayu used vanilla essence)
15 gm. cocoa powder + 1 tsp. of Instant coffee powder
1 - 2 tsp. of chocolate emulco (colour depends on your cocoa powder)
150 gm. chopped walnuts
(1) Beat egg white, egg yolk, sugar, flour, ovalette and baking powder together at
high speed until it's fluffy and almost double in volume.
(2) Pour in condense milk , mix for awhile and then pour in the melted butter. Do
not beat too long, just let it mix till even and then stop the machine.
(3) Prepare a 10" round baking tin, lined with greaseproof papaer.
(4) Divide the cake batter into 2 portions. Add cocoa powder and nescafe mixture
into one portion and if the colour is not dark enough, add in some chocolate
emulco. Add Butter oil into the other plain portion.
(5) Scoop the batter alternately into the prepared tin and sprinkle
chopped walnuts on every alternate layer. (Use a ladle to scoop the
(6) Sprinkle some chopped walnuts or slice amonds on top of the cake and bake at
180C for 60 mins.
(7) Cool on wire rack.