Thursday, June 24, 2010
Double Chocolate Chips Chiffon Cake
Ok another chiffon cake!!..hehe...kan aku dah kata.!!dah addicted to chiffon cakes dah!!..this time whatever the reasons, I must try chocolate flavour for this..yes..we love it very much!..it is not over duly sweet and it was just nice..I didnt adjust the sugar content pun..Went here for this recipe. She has quite a number of chiffon cakes recipes... been following her blog for quite sometimes now.. you can click here for her tips and trouble on chiffon cakes and here for more..
4 egg yolks
40g castor sugar
1/4 tsp salt
40g corn oil
140g Warmed Fresh Milk
25g Cocoa Powder-(Ayu used Valrhona cocoa powder)
120g Cake flour
1/2 tbsp Baking powder
1/8 tsp Baking Soda
4 egg whites
50g castor sugar
1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
80g Chocolate Chips
Method1) In a bowl, using hand whisk, whisk yolks and sugar till sugar dissolves.
2) Add oil and salt, whisk and add chocolate milk. Stir well.
3) Fold in sifted flour and mix well.
4) In another bowl, using an electric mixer, beat till the whites are frothy. Add in Cream of Tartar and beat till soft peaks.
5) Add in sugar gradually and beat till stiff peaks.
6) Fold in 1/3 of the whites into the yolk mixture using a rubber spatula till incorporated.
7) Pour the mixture and add chocolate chips to the remaining egg whites and fold in gently till incorporated.
8) Pour the batter into a 21cm chiffon tube pan. Bang the pan on the table to get rid of bubbles.
9) Oil a piece of aluminium foil and cover the pan loosely. Bake at 180 deg.C for 10mins.
10) Turn down the temperature to 170 deg.C and bake for 20mins.
11) Insert a skewer to check if cake is done. Remove the foil and reduce the temperature to 160 deg.C and bake for a further 5 to 10mins to brown the surface.
12) Remove from the oven and invert the pan. Remove the cake from pan when it's completely cooled.