Perfect!!!! in taste...the best Chocolate Fudge Cake I ever made!!..soft, moist and spongy...betul tak bedek jugak!!..hehe...almost like the bought ones...rich in chocolatey taste..this was Iqram's birthday cake...
My concept for this cake was 'lego block'...since Iqram like lego, I tried making this giant replica of it..hehehe.. ..dont really resembles, but almost if only I can get the small moulds in straight cut instead of curved sides...
Should have thought of it more details, when I poured the ganache on to the small moulds as the sides was quite difficult to smoothen it....Mr Hubby's comments was I should have used any vibrant colour, either yellow, orange or blue to give the much effect rather then 'brown' or chocolate!!..(cannot really see)..
Agreed with him but, I told him that if were to use colours for the cream, the kids wouldnt like them, as they only EAT chocolate coloured cakes!!!..
Chocolate Fudge Cake
Sources:-From Aunty Yochana
Ingredients for Sponge Cake:-
120 gm. Superfine flour
1/4 tsp. Baking powder
1/4 tsp. Bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp. salt
85 gm. sugar-(Ayu used 75g)
4 egg yolks
50 gm. cooking oil (any brand)
40 gm. water
1 Tbsp. chocolate emulco / paste
35 gm. cocoa powder + 60 gm. hot water
4 nos. egg white
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
85 gm. castor sugar-(Ayu used 75g)
250 gm. dairy whipping cream
300 gm. cooking chocolate
50 gm. butter
(1) Mix all the ingredients (A) together into a smooth batter.
(2) Whisk (B) till until stiff peak.
(3) Fold (A) and (B) together, taking care not to overmix. Pour into a 9" round cake tin and bake at 175C for about 45 mins. or till cooked. Remove cake from oven and let it sit on the cooling for 3 mins. before removing from the tin.
(4) For Ganache, heat up the dairy whipping cream, pour into the chocolate and stir till chocolate melts, then add in the butter. Stir till smooth and let it set until it's or a spreading consistency.
(5) Slice sponge cake into 3 layers. Spread ganache on every layer and sandwich them together. Cream the whole with ganache and decorate as desired.
* This chocolate fudge cake is using ganache and it's not the custard-like fudge cake.
A 'Giant lego block' chocolate fudge cake , decorated with real lego block which I borrowed from the boys..accompanied with some men sitting on it...my mum's comment was macam 'lori ta** '..kikiki..