Thursday, June 17, 2010
Gula Melaka Chiffon Cake
Believe me, I read through over and over again, what required so that I don't have any misadventures like some of the attempts(not chiffon baking but other cakes)...from preparing, weighing and mixing the ingredients every step I refer to the print out..heheh ...then I really sat in front of my oven, looking at the cake rose up..hoping that it wont crack or any unexpected happenings rises up..hehehe..maklumlah first time baked CHIFFON ...Alhamdullilah, I managed it...My first 'virgin' chiffon cake..kaka..
Ok too much bragging, recipe found here. Thank you, very much for the nice recipe..I am beginning to get addictive to chiffon cakes after making this one..oh no!!..
On another note..going out later to get a new rice cooker, as the exisitng one is on 'life support', I have to get something to hold on to the socket that attached to the base. as the light are fickering and have to check every few seconds for my rice to cook..
Need translations for this?..Just shout..
4 egg yolk
3tbsp cooking oil
95g cake flour
1/4tsp baking powder
95g gula melaka (chopped)
65g thick coconut milk
4 egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
30g caster sugar
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Melt gula melaka and coconut milk together over low fire.
3. Set aside to cool.
4. Sift flour, salt and baking powder together.
5. Use a hand whisk mix egg yolk, oil, gula melaka syrup(Ayu strained it) and flour together.
6. Whisk until well combined.
7. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
8. Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
9. Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until combined.
10.Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly until well combined.
11.Pour batter into a 21cm tube pan.
12.Put into a preheated oven and bake for 40-45mins.
13.Remove from oven, invert cake onto table until completely cool.
14.Remove from pan and serve.