When I saw this recipe last year somewhere in November, I just decided to try out Love's recipe ..simply because I just wanted to try out Indian style coconut curry..Little that I knew that this recipe would be featured in the Jelita Magazine a few months later!!!!..
Yes!!! Upon considering this I am the first one to try out this recipe ya Love..hehehe..Thanks love for sharing, would like to post the recipe here for the rest to try out ya..
At the same time I would like to congratulate you & all the food bloggers that was featured too, like Kak Nuridah, Kak Noor Masri and not forgetting Azlita Aziz too..you guys rock... this brings up the standard & image of being a food blogger!!!..
SQUIDS IN COCONUT CURRY by love2cook
- 800gm squids ~ cleaned and cut into rings
- 5 cloves garlic *
- 2 inches ginger *
- 1/4 tsp mixed spices (cumin, mustard seeds, fenugreek)
- 1 pc onion ~ sliced
- 2 green chillies ~ sliced
- 1 large potato ~ cut into big cubes
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2 tbsp seafood curry powder
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 large tomato ~ sliced
- salt to taste
- Pound together garlic and ginger.
- Mix curry, chilli and turmeric powder with a little water to form a paste.
- Heat oil in wok and saute mixed spices, onions, green chillies and curry leaves until fragrant.
- Mix in pounded garlic and ginger paste.
- Add squids and potatoes. Mix and cover the wok for 4 minutes.
- Add the mixed powder paste. Stir well with the ingredients and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, water and salt. Let the curry boil for few minutes, lastly add tomato.
- Turn off heat after few boils. Curry is ready to be served! :)