Just cant wait to try it when my DDL was ready!!..of course I waited till the next day after boiling the cans of milk till they are really cooled..Same like the cake I baked earlier for the CMPC, & Sicilian Orange Cake this cake was gone few hours after baking it..
Saw the recipe in Jess Kitchen, straight away book marked it and here it is!!..Thank you Jess for sharing this nice recipe. I've made slight adjustment to it hope you dont mind..I put up here for the rest to try it too ya..
Dulce De Leche Pound Cake
(adapted and modified from Pichet Ong's The Sweet Spot Condense Milk Pound Cake)
250g unsalted butter, room temperature-(Ayu used salted)
240g top flour-(Ayu reduced slightly 220g)
3/4 tsp baking powder
106g castor sugar, reduced to 80g-(Ayu used 60g)
1 tsp vanilla extract
239g Dulce De Leche -(Ayu used 304g-abt 1 cup)
3 large eggs-(Ayu used 4 small eggs)next time I would like to use 4 large eggs instead.
- Preheat oven to 160C. Butter and flour a 9" x 5" loaf pan, set aside.
- Sift flour and baking powder together, set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add DDL and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until no traces of flour remains.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake in preheated oven for 60mins or until a skewer test comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wired rack before unmolding, serve as desire.