Balti Chilli Chicken
Adapted & Sources:-From Shehzad Husain via My Favourite Recipes
Tried, Adjusted & Tested:-Ayu@curlybabesatisfaction
- 1 whole chicken, skinned and cut into pieces
- 1 tbsp ginger paste +1 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- salt & seasoning to taste
- 5 lime juice
- 11/2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin seeds powder
- 8 large fresh green chillies sliced slantly
- 2 medium onions,diced
- 3 garlics chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 4 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tomatoes cut to wedges
- water to estimate or depends on how much gravy needed
- Heat the oil and fry the marinated chicken till cooked, but not till crispy. Drained chicken. Using the same oil pour some away if oil is too much. Lower the heat slightly and add the sliced green chillies. Fry until the skins start to change colour.
- Add in diced onion,chopped garlics, curry leaves, ground coriander, cumin powder, salt & seasoning, and fry for a few seconds, stirring continuously. Add some water if mixture is too dry.
- Add in back the chicken pieces and stir-fry for 7 - 10 minutes, or until the chicken is incorporated with gravy.Add tomatoes, add more water if needed. Stir well.
- Sprinkle on the lime juice and add in coriander leaves.
- Add the tomatoes mix all, ready to serve with naan or paratha. Ayu just served with plain white rice.