Monday, April 27, 2009

Chocolate Madeleines


Yesterday, I thought of making 'apam comel misuya cider' from myr.com, for breakfast today, which used ice cream soda as part of the ingredients, already bought ice cream soda and put in the fridge, sekali when I wanted to mix the mixture, I realised my ice cream soda has disappeared..!!

Don't know which 'kucing kepala hitam' sudah minum my ice cream soda...
so no choice change to plan B...flip my 'library', saw this Madeleine recipe and thought maybe not bad idea...but the time was already 10pm... the recipe for the Madeleine required to put in fridge for at least 1 hour before baking... if were to wait, my eyes already mengantuk, so thought to myself, ok never mind bake in the morning lah.. so wake up early and did this..rasa macam baulu gitu...lembut.. but my Madeleine mould was small, so not so nice lah, next time must invest in bigger Madeleine mould then will look like delifrance's Madeleine.

Ingredients:-
100g butter
100g dark cooking chocolate
2/3 cups sugar
3 eggs (room temperature)
1 cup cake flour (or 1 cup plain flour + 1/2 tsp baking powder)
1/4 tsp salt

Method:-
Melt butter & cooking chocolate using double boiler method.Leave to cool.
Beat eggs and sugar together till fluffy.
Add in butter and chocolate mixture into eggs mixture.
Add in flour and salt which has been sieved into mixture bit by bit and fold using spatula.
Keep mixture in fridge at least 1 hr before baking.
Brush Madeleine mould with butter.Scoop mixture into mould till 3/4 full.
Bake in pre heated oven at 170 C, about 15 minutes according to oven and Madeleine mould.
Sources:- From Myr.com

No comments: