Thursday, April 09, 2009

Soft Marble Cake

Made this for my brother who is going to do his 'umrah' later today. My parents and Mr Hubby will be sending him off at the Changi Airport...so while waiting they can have this for breakfast.
I could not make it as Iqram has to go to school and it clashes with the time he flies..A group of my brother's friend will be going too, so they are chartering a bus from Kulai to board the plane in Singapore Airport. Hope they have a safe journey to and fro..Amin.

The cake is really soft and nice too. Saw this in Noreen' blog and feel the urge to taste it, so I managed to bake the cake but the top of the cake 'merekah'(split open) .I guessed the temperature used was too hot. I think the reason why, was my oven the temperature was quite hot was maybe it was quite a new oven...I've got it last year...I should have set it lower...maybe 150c- 160c..
The cake just melt in your mouth....


Soft Marble Cake
Sources:-  Puan Aini Salim via Noreen@ my home cooking
Tried & Tested:- Ayu@curlybabesatisfaction
Ingredients:-
270g butter
250g castor sugar-(Ayu used 210g)
260g plain flour (I used cake flour)
1 tsp baking powder
6 eggs
2 tbsp condensed milk
1 tbsp ovalette
1 tbsp water
1 tsp vanila essence
10g cocoa powder
1 tsp chocolate emulco


Method:-
1.Greaseproof tray 10 x 7 x 3 or 20-23 cm springform. Put aside

2.Sieve flour together with baking powder put aside.
3.Mix butter, condensed milk, vanilla essence in a mixer till creamy and light. (when scoop it will stick to spatual). Put aside
4.Mix eggs, ovallete, sugar water and flour beat till fluffy .Add in butter mixture into the eggs mixture and stir well.
5.Scoop 1/4 mixture and add in cocoa powder and chocolate emelco. Stir well.
6.Scoop 3 ladle of plain mixture into tray and 1 scoop coco mixture and repeat till finish.
7.Use a chopstick and make a marble pattern.
8.Bake at 180c for 40-45 mins or till cook.
9.When done off the heat and leave the tray in oven for 5 mins.after that bring the cake out and leave to cool before cut.

No comments: