Monday, August 17, 2009

Acar Telur Puyuh


This dish went along very well with the singgang udang serani..Got this recipe from CMG'S blog(original recipe was from Datin Jun). Even my mum agreed this dish is very nice...something different from the normal acar..Thank you, Che Mat..sedap..

Ingredients:-
35 quails eggs (original recipe used chicken eggs)
2 garlics sliced
5 shallots*-I pounded
3 red chillies*-I pounded
1 tbsp fennel* (I used powder)
1 big onion cut in wedges(I just sliced)
1 tbsp vinegar
1 star anise(bunga lawang)-I didnt put
1 cinnamon bark(kayu manis)- I didnt put
4 cloves(bunga cengkih)-I didnt put
1 tbsp soy sauce
salt and sugar to taste

Method:-
Boil eggs, peeled, washed and fried till golden yellow. Dish out and put aside.
Stir fry garlics, blended ingredients* star anise, cinnamon bark and cloves till fragrant.
Add in vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and salt. Stir well and let it simmer and add in eggs. Stir well and add what ever needed.Ready and serve.
Sources:-Fromhttp:// tiffinbiru.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sedapnye nampak acar telur tu kak Ayu... kiut2 plak bile pakai telur puyuh...