Sunday, August 23, 2009

Beef Chop & Beef Bacon - 2nd Day Iftar


Wanted to try this nice recipe from KNur, have been looking for this recipe for quite sometime..so far when I wanted to eat this I will have to go to Beach Road Hawkers Centre and ordered 'Mutton Chop', but sadly I don't eat mutton, so when I ordered this, Mr Hubby will finish up the meat for me while I will just eat the other side dish stuff and dip in the sauce..

I love the sauce very much!!!.. I thought of asking the Indian mamak, for the recipe, for sure he wont tell me right?..so when I saw this in Nur's blog, straight away my heart pumped so fast..hahaha..I have found the 'treasure'!!! So Nur, I put up here for my future references and also to be shared among our friends OK..Thank you Nur.. I like it!!...very much

Beef Chop
Sources:- Kak Nuridah
Ingredients:-
250g beef cut to small pieces(original use mutton)
2 tbsp beefsteak powder
2 tbsp sweet soy sauce(I used black soy sauce)
4 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp sugar
water to estimate
(I added 1-2 tbsp chili sauce, salt & MSG to taste)

4 potatoes peeled and and fried( I just used ready made fries and fried)
2 tomatoes sliced
cucumber sliced
fried eggs

Method:-
Marinate beef with beefsteak powder. Heat 1/4 cup oil for frying the beef. Add in soy sauce and mix well. Add in tomatoes sauce , sugar and salt if necessary.
Add in water and let the beef simmer till cook and the gravy thickens.
Garnish with fries, cucumber, tomatoes, egg and green peas.


This what what Mr Hubby requested for his iftar today. Beef bacon with fries, fried onions and omelet. He said he felt like eating this as he missed this food when he was in London 9 years ago..

3 comments:

kucingorengemok said...

menu buka 'pandang ke barat' hehe

Ayu said...

hahaha...ya thats a good one!!!..hahaha

ijayuji said...

Salam kak ayu!!! bestnyerrr sesekali mkn mcm ni kan? kita tak reti sbb tak yakin jerr nak buat chop2 ni lah!! hihihi.. 9 thn dulu mesti hb akak belajar kat london ya? nostalgia kan? sama jugak lah mcm kita ni walau dekat rinduuuuuuuuuu dan walaupun reti buat tp nak jugak!!! :D