Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Brownies

This was the 'project' I was talking about...macamlah big project gitu eh...hahaha... boleh tahan juga woh..half day to make all that...backache...the top version was more to photo taking presentation....hehee..the below one was the brownies which I brought over for the gathering...more to kids colour scheme...but big kids also attacked...hehe..honestly my first attempt... to make and bake it was normal lah..but to use the brownies tray cutter..was a pain in the a-- .!! maybe my mistake also.. didnt grease the cutter with oil or butter...it got stuck to the brownies...some even 'hancur'(broken) when I tried pulling out the cutter from the cake...

Ingredients:-
250g butter
11/2 cups sugar (360g)
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup plain flour(120g)
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used chopped almond)
1/2 cup chocolate chips(optional)( I added)
Method:-
Melt butter in a pan, turn off heat and add in sugar and whisk. Add in eggs and vanilla essence
and keep on stirring.Add in flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. (I sieved this 3 together first).Stir. Add in nuts and chocolate chips into mixture and fold. Pour into tray which has been greased(12"x 10").(I used 13"x13") and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degress celsius for 25-30 minutes.
Ingredients for top ganache:-
250g cooking chocolate(I used dark chocolate)
1 tbsp butter
1/2 cup whipping cream
Method:-
Melt cooking chocolate using the double boiler method. Add in the butter and whipping cream and stir well. Pour onto the cake and decorate to preference..
Sources:- From Rozzan's Shared Recipes blog.

1 comment:

CT Delima said...

tgk brownies ni lama tak membikin nya.memang sedap kan.. ank2 pun suka sgt2.bila dah beli bahan2 kuih nanti leh lah rancak membaking hehe